Saturday, June 23, 2012
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Same-sex marriage is widely being accepted in societies all over the world. Just a couple of months ago President Barak Obama stated he believed it was okay for same-sex couples to marry. Recently the nation of Denmark legalized a same-sex marriage bill in Parliament 85-24 making them the eighth European country to legalize it, and eleventh country overall (source). The bill in Denmark now makes it legal for the Lutheran Church of Denmark to perform same-sex marriage ceremonies. In Great Britain, Prime Minister David Cameron and his political party are pushing to legalize same-sex marriage in the United Kingdom (here).
Jesus Christ Spoke About the Days of Noah
I wrote an article about the days of Noah and same-sex marriage entitled, "Jesus, the Days of Noah, and Same-Sex Marriage" in February 27, 2010 for the blog, "Gay Christian Movement Watch" (www.gcmwatch.com). It was one of the first documented articles of its kind that dealt with how same-sex marriage is nothing new and was prevalent in the days of Noah.
Ironically, Jesus said in Luke 17:26-30, “And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom, it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when Son of man is revealed.”
Jesus being a first century Rabbi, like most Jewish teachers, coupled Sodom with the flood generation as a typical image of evil. His intent was to inform his audience that at His second coming the conditions of the world would mirror Noah’s days and the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Jewish Writings, Days of Noah and Same-Sex Marriage
The Midrash Rabbah Genesis is a specific form of rabbinic literature of ancient Judaism commentaries of the Hebrew Scriptures. It is based on the interpretation of the Torah (Old Testament). It speaks about the subject of same-sex marriage during the days of Noah.
The book of Enoch was written before the birth of Christ and although it is not an inspired book, it is a good resource. Parts of it are quoted in Jude 14-15. 2nd Enoch 34-1, 3-4 states,
“God convicts the persons who are idol worshipers and sodomite fornicators, and for this reason he brings down the flood upon them. And all the world will be reduced to confusion by iniquities, wickedness and abominable fornications. That is, friend with friend in anus, every other kind of wicked uncleanness which is almost too disgusting to report, and the worship of the evil one. And that is why I shall bring down the flood onto the earth, and shall destroy everything, and the earth itself will collapse in great darkness.”
Second Enoch states that perverse homosexual relationships were the main cause of the flood. Both Midrash Rabbah Genesis and the second book of Enoch state that God frowns on homosexuality in cultic prostitution, and in so-called “loving consensual” homosexual relationships. So don’t believe the liberal Christian theologians, gay-affirming churches and inclusionists. Homosexuality and same-sex marriage are an abomination in God’s eyesight.
In 2008 on the radio program Faith2Action host Janet Porter had guest Rabbi Aryeh Spero verified that the Babylonian Talmud, a book written 1000 years before Christ, states that men began to write marriage contracts to other men (homosexual marriage) in the days of Noah. Rabbi Spero went on to say that G-d was compassionate. That He was patient, and gave the people of that day a hundred and twenty years to repent. Spero went on to say, “Even in ancient Greece they did not write marriage contracts between men. There was homosexuality, and it was wrong, but there was not an official ‘blessed’ policy. … Marriage is ‘sanctification’ (not simply a partnership).” He said to confer the title of sanctification and holiness upon this behavior is “probably one of the greatest sins of all that one does against God’s plan for this world (source).”
We are definitely in the last days that Jesus spoke about! In the Book of Revelation, the Apostle John wrote that there would be an explosion of fornication during the Tribulation period. There will come a time when the heart of men will become so hard that they will not repent and they will be given over to a reprobated mind.
King James Version (KJV)
20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.
21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Friday, June 8, 2012
Father’s Day is on Sunday June 17th. It’s a special day of the year that we celebrate fatherhood. In the Kingdom of God, Fatherhood is very important. In fact, the role of the father has been an important position since the days of ancient Israel. Fathers were highly regarded and were the primary dominant role in patriarch society. Today, despite carnal influences, the role of the father in the Kingdom of God continues to be a ministry and a privilege in which the father’s role is a leader, protector, provider, teacher, priest, and prophet.
Ancient Jewish Father Responsibility to His Children
In ancient Israel the father was primarily responsible for the four following things: 1. bringing his son into covenant relationship with God through circumcision on the eighth day after birth, 2. teaching his children the Word of God, 3. choosing a mate and 4, teaching his son a trade. It was said by Jewish fathers that a man that didn’t teach his son a trade was teaching him to be a thief. Jesus’ trade was carpentry. Paul’s trade was making tents. Each were trained by their earthly fathers to master a trade to help support themselves and possibly a family. The father played prominent role by establishing his family’s covenant relationship with God and establishing his family's identity. He also played a crucial role in teaching his daughter how a man must provide for her and treat her. He also taught his son how to be a godly example and man of God.
Fourteen Principles of Fatherhood in the Kingdom
Jacob/Israel Blessing His 12 Sons
1. The father is a priest of his home. and prays for his wife and children. He goes to God as an intercessor on behalf of his household (John 17:1, Ephesians 6:18). In Job 1:5, Job offered sacrifices in behalf of his sons and interceded for them in case they sinned against God.
2. A father must teach his family the difference between holy and the unholy, to not be conformed to ways of the world and to avoid ungodly influences (Leviticus 10:8-11; Judges 14:3; Proverbs 13:20; Proverbs 28:7; 1 John 2:15-17 ).
3. A father and grandfather should lay hands on his children or grandchildren and pray a blessing of the Lord over each child’s life (Genesis 48:11-22, Genesis 49).
4. As a teacher, a father must instill the Word of God inside the house and make sure his children are disciplined in the study of the Word and prayer as a vital part of their children’s spiritual training for the Kingdom ( Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Proverbs 22:6).
5. A father should teach his children to be obedient and know how to discipline his children when they do wrong. This ensures that bad behavior won’t be repeated or become a habit in the life of his children ( Proverbs 13:24, Proverbs 23:14; Hebrews 12:5-10).
6. When a father corrects his children, it must be done in love and not with harshness and bitterness that would provoke his children to bitterness and hatred. A father should never show favoritism of one child over the other. This can cause possible division within the home. A father also needs to make sure that he spends quality time with his children so that they won’t resent him for not giving them some time ( Ephesians 6:4 ; Colossians 3:21).
7. A father should dedicate his children to the Lord at a early age( Luke 2:22).
8. A father should inquire of the Lord a prophetic word for all his children and then speak prophetically into their live. Without prophetic revelation our children will perish (Proverbs 29:18). A father is the prophet of his household. The father should speak into his children’s life concerning future occupation and ministry purpose in the Kingdom of God ( Genesis 49; Luke 1:10-17, Luke 1:59-79).
9. A father needs to teach his family to serve and love God as well as keep his commandments with their whole heart. He must teach his family that serving the Lord is trans-generational. Also, salvation is a trans-generational promise to all family members that continue in the Word and follow Jesus. A father needs to teach his children this. The blessings of the Lord can be trans-generational also to those that obey and keep the Word of God. They must stress to their children that they need to pass on the need of salvation from generation to generation ( Genesis 26:3-5; Exodus 6:3; Joshua 24:15; Acts 2:39).
10. A father who is just and walks integrity, his children are blessed after him (Proverbs 20:7).
11. Fathers should teach and steer his children away from all sexual immorality encouraging them to keep their chastity (Proverbs 5:1-23, Proverbs 29:3).
12. A good father that gives his substance unto the Lord, works diligently, and invest and saves his money leaves an inheritance to his children’s children (Proverbs 13:22).
13. A father should teach his children that God loves them and has specific purpose for their life (Luke 1:13-17; Romans 8:29-30; 1 Peter 1:3-9).
14. Father should instruct his children the importance of being born again (John 3:5; Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 5:17).
When the hearts of men are turned towards their children and they walk in the divine calling and principles of fatherhood, they avoid being smitten with a curse upon the earth (Malachi 4:6). In today’s time much of the social ills of children could be avoided, if godly fatherhood/parenting was in place.
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Here at "End-Time Prophecy Watch" we will be doing a series of articles on fatherhood, due to Father's Day being celebrated on Sunday June 17, 2012. Dr. Meg Meeker has done an outstanding presentation called "Stronger Dads, Stronger Daughters." Please take out the time to view six part video presentation done by Dr. Meeker. .
This undated photos made available by the Miami-Dade Police Dept. shows Rudy Eugene, 31, left, who police shot and killed as he ate the face of Ronald Poppo, 65, right, during a horrific attack in the shadow of the Miami Herald's headquarters on Saturday, May 26, 2012. Poppo was in critical condition Tuesday, with only his goatee intact on his face, the newspaper reported.
Rudy Eugene's brutal assault on Ronald Poppo is being proclaim as the Zombie Attack in Miami. Eugene, in a chaotic rage, chewed off most of Poppo's face, leaving only his goatee intact. Eugene was shot to death by police after devouring 80 percent of Poppo's face.
It was said by Eugene's girlfriend that he was attempting to get off marijuana; that he was sweet and well- mannered, carried his Bible, and was never violent to her. In fact, just days before the attack Rudy attended a Bible Study. It wasn't like Rudy to become insanely violent. His girlfriend stated that he must have been under a voodoo curse or overtaken by something supernatural (here).
CBS4 reported that Eugene parked his car near Tenth and Alton Road in Miami and then walked three miles and in the process, stripped off all of his clothing and and tossed them. This walk concluded with the brutal attack of Ronald Poppo (source). Officials have stated that the synthetic drug "Bath Salt" known as the new LSD, may have been taken by Eugene which caused the gruesome attack.
Was this incident a mere act of insanity or demonic supernatural act of violence?
Rapper Big Lurch Cannibalistic Attack
In the video above Big Lurch not only rapped about PCP , but used it. His music lyric's glorified its use. Big Lurch, on April 10, 2002, before his brutal murder of Tynisha Ysais, spent the evening smoking PCP with Tynisha's boyfriend Thomas Moore (source).
Big Lurch and many people in western society are ignorant of the fact that when any type of mind-altering drugs are consumed, one is opened up to the demonic spirit world. Lurch was deceived into thinking that he controlled his drug habit and that PCP was a drug that only brought him pleasure. Instead, he brutally ended young Tynisha's life and is now spending his own life in prison. It brings Satan and his demons great joy to bring about deception, death, and destruction.
Drugs/Pharmakeia and Spirit World
In Shamanism, the Shamans make use of plants and drugs for healing purposes. They also make contact with the spirit world (source). Shamans are found in many religions such as Animism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shintoism, and Taoism and can be male or female. In order to travel in the invisible spirit world, they enter into a trance induced by plants or psychoactive drugs and then make spiritual contact (source).
In South America some of the Indians use drugs from a variety of plants to contact the spirit world. In the nation of Brazil, there are the religions of Candomble' and Umbanda that mix Catholicism and some rituals from African and Indian religions. They start their church services by drinking a bitter cup of hallucinatory herbal mixture. It is after this that their rhythmic mass get under way (here, here).
There are even Native American religions in which Shamans use mind-alternating peyote to enter the spirit world in order to give guidance to others. Peyote was also used by Native Americans as a rite of passage during the initiation of young people into adulthood (source).
In the Old Testament the word for sorcery is, "pharmakeia." Part the practice of sorcery in the Old Testament was talking to demon spirits. Sorcerers would smell incense in order to alter the brain. This made it possibe to interact with demons (source). In the New Testament in Galatians 5:20 and in the Book of Revelation, the Greek word "far-mak-i-ah" is translated into English as witchcraft or sorcery (source). The root word of pharmakeia from the Strong's Concordance #5332 is "pharmakeus," which means, "a drug, spell giving potion, druggist, poisoner, a magician or sorcerer." It is also where we get the english word, "pharmacy." Its no wonder that when a person starts to take certain drugs that he or she becomes addicted as if under a spell. The drugs are literally poisoning their body.
End-Times Explosion of Demon Possession and Sorcery
Drug Abuser and a Demonic Stronghold
The Book of Revelation warns of a satanic revival in the "End Times." There will be an explosion of devil worship, occult practice (sorcery being one of the primary things), and demonic possession. The flames of this satanic revival are being fueled by certain television programs that glorify the occult and certain movies produced by Hollywood. In addition, drug use is escalating and is going to cause a rise in demon oppression and possession.
Both Rudy Eugene and Big Lurch exhibited demonic possession just as the demon of Gadarenes in St. Mark 5 who had a Legion of demons. Legion was violent and out of his right mind. He had supernatural strength and he was running around naked by the tombs. This should be a warning to people all over. DON'T PLAY WITH DRUGS! The end result is that demons will overtake you and make a casualty in this spiritual war that is taking place.
Unfortunately for Rudy Eugene and Big Lurch, both were both deceived by lies of demonic powers that doing drugs is cool. They were both seduced by sorcery that bought their ultimate destruction. Hopefully Big Lurch will come to repentance before he dies in prison. It is sad that Rudy Eugene never got the chance to do so. These young men are examples of what is going to escalate to even greater satanic activity. Don't let Satan dupe you into becoming a "Drug Zombie." It may cost you your soul.